Next WTC 2022
SAVE THE DATE!
7th WORLD TRIBOLOGY CONGRESS
July 10-15, 2022 - Lyon, France
Abstract submission is now open and has been extended until 30th of November 2020.
It is our great pleasure to announce the opening of abstract submission for the 7th World Tribology Congress. This international event will be an opportunity to bring together a large scientific community, to promote international exchanges and collaborations on the current topics on tribology.
Please see the 1st Call for abstracts.
For more information visit the WTC 2021 website or send an email to .
In recognition of his outstanding achievements in Tribology, with five decades of distinguished and...
Professor Bharat Bhushan, Ohio Eminent Scholar and Howard D. Winbigler Professor and Director of...
Dr Ian Taylor has been awarded the Tribology Silver Medal in recognition of his exceptionally meritorious...
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, London, has announced that the winner of the 2019 Gold Medal...
Tribology conferences and Meetings
Videos about Tribology
Global impact of tribology
- 20% of world total energy consumption goes to overcome friciton
- 18-40% of that can be saved by applying new technology, and that would correspond to 8.7% of global energy use and 1.4% of the global GNB
- the biggest potential savings are in transportation and energy industry
- 30% of the fuel consumption in an average passenger car goes to overcome fricition
- 40% of the energy used in mineral mining is used for overcoming friction; friction and wear results in 970 million tonnes CO2 emissions in mineral mining annually corresponding to 2.7% of total world CO2 emissions
- CO2 emissions are 4.5 times higher for an ICE passenger car compared to a similar battery electric car when electricity comes from renewable energy
- Moving from fossil to renewable energy sources would cut down the energy losses due to friciton in energy production by more than 60%